Universal Orlando’s New Water Theme Park Redefines the Guest Experience with Thrilling Adventures, Relaxing Indulgences and the Innovative Technology of TapuTapu
Download Photos of the Water Theme Park and Grand Opening Ceremony Here: https://universalorlandoresort.sharefile.com/d-s8597cf3580548d0b
ORLANDO, Fla. (May 25, 2017) – A revolutionary water theme park has risen at Universal Orlando Resort – Universal’s Volcano Bay is now open.
The park’s first guests gathered today inside the new water theme park to enjoy an authentic, South Pacific dedication ceremony commemorating the opening of Volcano Bay. The ceremony featured special performances by an array of authentic Maori entertainment, ranging from water dancers to “Haka” war dancers. The moment culminated with an eruption from the mighty 200 ft. Krakatau volcano – the park’s stunning icon.
Volcano Bay is Universal Orlando’s third theme park and the next chapter in the award-winning vacation destination’s evolution. Universal Orlando is part of the NBCUniversal Comcast family, which has invested significantly in the destination’s unprecedented growth. In just seven years, 25 new experiences – entire themed areas, attractions, restaurants, and hotels – have been added across the destination. Universal Orlando now has 5,600 rooms across its five (soon to be six) on-site hotels.
Volcano Bay was brought to life by Universal Creative – the same team responsible for bringing so many other groundbreaking experiences to life within Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure. Volcano Bay is a next-level water theme park – combining spectacular storytelling and incredibly-immersive guest experiences with innovative technology exclusively-designed for Universal to give your clients a fun-filled, hassle-free experience with their friends and family.
“Universal’s Volcano Bay sets a new standard on every level – from the attractions to how our guests experience them,” said Tom Williams, Chairman & CEO – Universal Parks & Resorts. “Our new water theme park is the perfect complement to the rest of our incredible destination. It provides our guests with spectacular entertainment experiences and innovative technology that helps them enjoy more of what matters most – connecting with each other and having an amazing time together.”
Spanning 25 fully immersive acres and featuring a variety of experiences ranging from daring to serene, Volcano Bay is unlike any other water park in the world. The park offers something for everyone – incredible thrills, perfected relaxation, an immersive environment filled with unbelievable detail and innovative technology to enhance fun and remove hassles. Volcano Bay features:
- More than 30 experiences including 18 unique attractions such as a multi-directional wave pool with sandy beaches, a peaceful winding river, twisting multi-rider raft rides, speeding body slides that drop from the top of the volcano into the waters below and more.
- The TapuTapu wearable – included with admission and specifically designed for use within Universal’s Volcano Bay. Features of TapuTapu include:
- Virtual Line Access: TapuTapu allows your clients to virtually wait in line for rides while enjoying other areas of the park. Their wearable will simply alert them when it’s time for their ride.
- TapTu Play: Your clients can enjoy many TapTu Play experiences throughout the park – like controlling streams of water spurting from whales in Tot Tiki Reef, shooting water cannons at visitors snaking down Kopiko Wai Winding River, illuminating images in the volcano’s hidden caves and more.
- TapTu Pay: Your clients can make purchases throughout the entire park with their TapuTapu wearable, eliminating the need to carry cash, credit cards or a wallet throughout the park.
- TapTu Snap/My Universal Photo Access: Your clients can take advantage of special interactive photo opportunities and selfie-spots throughout the park as well as photo opportunities on Volcano Bay’s attractions. Their wearable will automatically link those photos to their account so that they can view, share and purchase them at their convenience.
- Locker Access: After renting their lockers, your clients will be able to access them with a touch of their TapuTapu wearable.
- Beautifully-themed dining locations featuring more than 60 delicious, South Pacific-inspired dishes – ranging from jerk mahi sandwiches to fresh island chicken salad to decadent chocolate pineapple upside down cake.